Requisition ID: |
Area Lead Piping Field Engineer
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
- Reports directly to the Area Field Engineer.
- Lead a team of Piping Field Engineers and coordinating Piping Field Engineering tasks to an assigned area.
- Must be dedicated to the Bechtel Zero Accident Philosophy and to the concept that all accidents are preventable through continuous improvement practices.
- Champions the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction on the project.
- Monitors progress of work package development of assigned area and coordinates priorities with the Functional Lead Piping FE.
- LDFE review and approval of FCDs/NCRs/RFIs and tracking all to closure.
- Completes and implements assigned training pertaining to the standard work process procedures, project specifications and inspection and test plans, site specific instructions and the Bechtel BSAP programs.
- Participates in and ensures assigned subordinate personnel receive progressive training including standard work process procedures (SWPPs), project specifications, applicable codes, inspection and test plans, site specific instructions and the Bechtel BSAP programs.
- Implements required Standard Work Process Procedures, Project Specifications and Inspection & Test Plans.
- Provides resolution to technical piping issues.
- Preparing Piping PBQ Tech Talks.
- Ensuring that backcharge notices are issued.
- Coordinate with superintendents for overtime needs and submit.
- Attending the weekly 3-week Look Ahead Meeting for direction of the field's activities.
- Coordinating and resolving engineering or construction problems with superintendents.
- Communicating issues to Area Field Engineers and Functional Lead Piping Field Engineer as necessary.
- Communicating issues from Area Field Engineers and Functional Lead Piping Field Engineer to Piping Field Engineers as necessary.
- Identify constructability improvements through alternate design.
- Review QURR and assist in identifying and resolving issues.
- Provide resolution on borderline / gray area flange inspections.
- Coordinate with testing group on sequence of testing.
- Coordinating Bolt Tensioning.
- Coordinating with Construction to ensure spool cleanliness and preservation requirements are met.
- Participates in the weekly management ZAT (Zero Accident Team) walk downs.
- Participates as required in the weekly quality walk downs.
- Ensures that assigned subordinate personnel produce quality work through compliance with the standard work process Procedures (SWPPs), IFC drawings, project specifications, inspection and test plans and applicable codes.
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate personnel and others, as assigned.
- Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents in interpreting design drawings, planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Performs employee reviews of assigned subordinate personnel.
- Interfaces and attends various meetings with all levels and departments of site personnel including management, field engineering, engineering, construction, project controls, subcontractors and client.
- Assuring that proper field and warehousing storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Analyzes assigned activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Coordinate with supervision on a daily basis.
- Assist in development of weekly work plans.
- Daily quantity verification.
- Perform daily quality inspections of ongoing construction.
- Lead walkdowns (pre test, post test, final) and record all punch list items.
- Ensure that the "Build It Clean" program is adhered to.
- Material receiving and inspection as required.
- Coordinate with Field Supervision, Subcontractors, Project Controls, and Cost Engineer of design changes and the associated potential extra work.
- Coordinate Client Inspections per project ITP.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent in a related field.
- Minimum of 10EA years' experience in a piping field engineering role within the Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals industry.
- Minimum of 5EA years in a demonstrated leadership role in a team-based environment.
- Direct hire experience.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.