Requisition ID: |
General Job Description
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Supervises expediting activities on a project to ensure timely delivery of supplier-furnished materials and equipment to meet contractual requirements and project schedule requirements. Takes an active role in the planning, staffing, training, and developing of personnel. Develops and monitors budgeting of expediting operations and distributes workloads to assigned expediters.
Has performed a minimum of 4,000 hours of shop expediting visits or has supplemented expediting experience with other Procurement functional work.
Trained or has some experience in interviewing, training, performing annual reviews, and development of personnel.
A. Supervision Received
B. Supervision Exercised
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Project Procurement Manager.
- Receives functional guidance from the global business unit Expediting Manager.
- Provides supervision to assigned project Expediting Specialists and Area Expediting personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Project Procurement Manager.
- Obtains approval from the global business unit Expediting Manager for project expediting plans, procedures, metrics to be tracked, job hour estimates and budgets, and actual staffing of personnel before submitting to the Project Procurement Manager.
- Coordinates with the Customer at an operational level on arrangements for shop witness testing or other shop visits and other matters as approved by the Project Manager.
- Coordinates with the Project Management, as approved by the Project Procurement Manager, on reporting material status and seeking approvals of overtime or expedited shipping arrangements.
- Coordinates with Engineering on matters of drawing and data issues, inspection plans, technical queries and changes, and spare parts lists.
- Coordinates with the project Procurement Team on commercial issues, purchase order revision requests, and shipping arrangements.
- Coordinates with Project Controls on matters concerning schedule cycle time estimates and progress reporting.
- Coordinates with Construction on matters concerning site need dates, special permit loads, shipment and site receipt.
- Coordinates with Area Expediting personnel and third party provider coordinators on matters of surveillance assignments, reporting and technical questions.
- Maintains frequent contact with suppliers, to monitor the progress of material and equipment orders.
- Directs the activities of the project expeditors in ensuring delivery of supplier material, equipment, and technical data to support the project schedule. Monitors their performance and provides advice or direction to ensure compliance with policy, procedure or guidelines.
- Plans the initial orientation and ongoing training of project expeditors and support staff on assigned projects.
- Supports project Expediting Specialists by providing supervisory involvement on orders with unique or particularly difficult problems. Coordinates actions with global business unit expediting and, where necessary, requests senior procurement management aid to resolve the problems.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Develops project specific procedures with the project procurement manager with concurrence of the global business unit Expediting Manager.
- Reviews project expediting staffing and workloads and, where coverage is inadequate or excessive, initiates corrective action. Forecasts future project staffing requirements and coordinates personnel assignments to meet these needs.
- Prepares expediting job-hour and monetary budgets. Manages and monitors expenditure of hours and money against the project budget. Recommends a course of action to bring actual hours/money back in line with budget or, if justified, submit a trend to the Project Procurement Manager for a scope change request.
- Reviews area expediting assignments, and recommends corrective action on problems identified in the reports. Reviews the performance of third party service providers of expediting services and furnishes comments to global business unit Expediting for action.
- Reviews material status reports, critical items report, updates Bechtel Procurement System (BPS) and Supplier Performance Database (SPD) data to ensure that adequate accurate information is assembled and presented to the assigned project.
- Conducts performance evaluations for assigned Project Expeditors.
- Participates in the planning, staffing, and budgeting of project/area/jobsite expediting operations. Monitors expenditure of project and area expediting job-hours to assure operations within the project budget.
- Represents Expediting in project team meetings.
- Distributes workload to assigned project expeditors based on the degree of complexity and the level of urgency of the order and individual experience and ability of the expeditor.
- Conducts job familiarization and orientation for newly assigned expediting personnel and provides ongoing on-the-job training for the expediting team.
- Contacts suppliers to obtain timely submission of engineering data, and to follow-up on material acquisition, production progress, and shipment.
- Evaluates production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if their programs and work progress meet jobsite requirements.
- Compiles data needed to prepare the critical items reports, or other supplementary reports as required. Coordinates the accumulation of data from project expeditors and issues reports for the expediting group.
- Coordinates with planning and scheduling, field material coordinators, or jobsite project expeditors and construction to establish priorities, sequences, and required delivery dates and instructs suppliers accordingly.
- Expedites Bechtel engineering for the timely review, approval and return of engineering data submitted by suppliers.
- Maintains a working file of expediting related documents and memoranda of conversations to record expediting activities. Maintains a system to initiate follow-up actions at appropriate times.
- Obtains copies of supplier's orders for material, performs sub-supplier expediting, where necessary, and works closely with Supplier Quality representatives to ensure awareness of materials being inspected and their locations of manufacture.
- Participates in pre- and post-award meetings to review and discuss schedules and potential problem areas that may impact required delivery dates.
- Coordinates shipping arrangements or tracking requests with the project traffic representative.
- Subject to project requirements, monitors the issuance of material requisitions, and other project and procurement actions affecting material deliveries.
- Reviews material receiving reports against shipping documents to verify that material has been received at jobsite. Assists in tracing missing material.
- Prepares supplier evaluation reports for input into the Supplier Information System. When assigned to jobsite:
- Maintains continuing contact with the office project Expediting staff to exchange information about jobsite requirements and current order status.
- Attends construction coordination meetings, coordinates with Construction, Startup, Planning and Scheduling, jobsite Engineers, and other Field Procurement staff to ensure that field material requirements receive timely attention and follow-up action.
- Coordinates customs clearance (on overseas jobs) of critical material and equipment with Traffic and Logistic representatives.
- Proficient in interpreting schedules to ensure that realistic milestones are established required activities occur on time, and that interface between activities is maintained.
- Skilled in preparing clear, comprehensive correspondence and reports. Knowledge of general business practices and administrative procedures and oral communication regarding technical and production matters with both project and supplier personnel.
- Knowledge of equipment and material fabrication sequencing.
- Experience in techniques of expediting of materials and equipment. Working and process familiarity with Engineering, Planning and Scheduling, Construction, and Procurement practices and an understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Experienced in the supplier warning and advisory process.
- Experienced in Procurement processes and procedures.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining metrics reporting.
- Skilled in job hour estimating, budget development, and management to them.
- Plant construction sequencing.
- Proficient in SPD and BPS Expediting Module input and use.
- This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel