Requisition ID: |
Purpose of the Job
- To provide professional RAM services as a part of the Engineering functions team to designers, and design & build Contractors.
- To analyse a customer's requirements as laid down in the relevant documentation and the individual Project RAM Plan
- To facilitate the introduction of RAM Plans through the supply chain so that they are implemented consistently across all Projects
- To provide processes and procedures to assure that the RAM requirements are met by others.
- Establishing and managing the detailed Engineering RAM Strategy and Management Plans and support processes.
- Working in conjunction with the individual Project RAM Manager, developing project specific approaches to management of RAM activities and facilitating compliance with European standards EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129
- Undertaking work to quantify the expected performance of the railway in terms of RAM (Reliability, Availability and Maintainability) targets.
- Facilitating the definition of all interfaces, electrical, mechanical, environmental and human, internal and external, including any specific Interface Requirements Specifications
- Providing support and guidance to Assurance and Engineering Safety Management activities by supplying relevant material for verification, validation, compliance and acceptance.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably IT/ Systems Engineering / Railways)
- A working knowledge of Stakeholder Management.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to interface with railway domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Broad experience of the application of systems engineering to major infrastructure projects.
- Significant experience of RAM Management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- System engineering life-cycles - awareness of different life-cycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).