Requisition ID: |
General Job Description
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Performs material coordination activities at a jobsite within material discipline of responsibility to ensure the accurate reporting of material and equipment work package statuses for installation. Responsible for the input maintenance, assessment and correction when applicable of project data in the Bechtel Procurement System (BPS) related to material coordination and its accuracy. Continuously performs priority allocations to ensure material availability well in advance of installation requirements. Assists in the early identification of surplus or unneeded materials and stays conscious of unused materials in staging areas.
A. Supervision Received
B. Supervision Exercised C. Contacts
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Project Field Procurement Manager; or the Materials Manager or Materials Coordination Supervisor, if assigned.
- Receives functional direction from the global business unit Manager of Procurement, or the functional Materials Manager if assigned.
- Maintains direct working relationship with Project Procurement, Field Project Controls, discipline Field Engineers, Field Procurement, Automation Support, Construction Superintendents, (Sub) Contractors, and site Customer personnel to ensure that Construction personnel are provided with materials to support the completion of construction work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Assists with material coordination activities for a material discipline area of responsibility.
- Adheres to the Materials Management Plan with respect to applicable commodity groups, within area of responsibility.
- Ensures adherence to the Material Responsibility Matrix by all responsible parties.
- Utilizes the materials components of the project Automation Plan (used by functional groups) to monitor related data transfers between the functional groups.
- Adheres to the planned construction activities and work packaging structure on the project through coordination with Field Engineering, Construction, and/or (Sub) Contractors, and Project Controls.
- Monitors planned inventory control mechanisms, such as min-max and bag-and-tag, and uses BPS tools.
- Provides early identification of unneeded surplus materials in an effort to return to inventory or identify for excess or new requirements.
- Coordinates material availability in support of design revisions, rework, contingency or work-around plans.
- Participates in Construction and/or (Sub) Contractor planning meetings to be fully aware of changes in installation plans and priorities.
- Coordinates with warehouse personnel for materials to be issued direct to the installation area, as opposed to being controlled in storage.
- Good oral and written communication skills regarding technical and production matters with both project and supplier personnel.
- Proficient in organizing tasks for completion by an agreed deadline.
- Knowledge of project Procurement operations related to the acquisition of materials on projects, or of the Engineering discipline within the area of responsibility, the work process, and the deliverables produced (must have a basic knowledge of the other).
- Knowledge in the use of BPS, including drawing takeoff input, Look-Ahead Viewer, input of requisitions, and goods and services codes.
- Knowledge of Project Bechtel Standard Applications Programs (BSAP) and their modes of data interfacing with BPS and each other.
- Knowledge of vendor, fabricator, contractor, Customer and other outside data systems and how those systems interact with BPS.
- Knowledge of work packaging, pre-buy methodology, and materials status reporting.
- This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel