Requisition ID: |
General Job Description
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Materials Manager for the BP WND project located at the NSF Structural Steel Fabricators facility in Ain Sokhna, Egypt. Responsible for overseeing the receipt, storage, and issue of all project materials to support the structural steel fabrication to meet the construction schedule. Will report to the Project Field Procurement Manager located at the Alexandria, Egypt jobsite.
Daily coordination with the project team for coordination of structural steel deliveries and for the priority loading of trucks for delivery to the jobsite in accordance with the project execution plan from NSF.
Must be able to work on a remote fabrication facility.
A. Supervision Received
B. Supervision Exercised
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Project Field Procurement Manager; or the Materials Manager, if assigned.
- Receives functional direction from the global business unit Field Procurement Manager.
- Provides operational direction to personnel assigned to materials control activities at the project's temporary operating or jobsite locations.
- Maintains direct working relationship with Field Engineering and Construction concerning the receipt and availability of materials for issue to the field.
- Maintains direct working relationship with NSF's Purchasing, Expediting, and Traffic & logistics concerning material delivery schedules and transport planning from NSF location to the jobsite.
- Maintains direct working relationship with Project Quality Control/Field Engineering regarding documentation for and inspection of applicable materials received.
- Maintains direct working relationship NSF in the process of receipt, storage, and issue of project materials.
- Maintains direct working relationship with NSF concerning the receipt and delivery of project materials.
- Maintain direct working relationship with NSF concerning, all fabrication activities to make sure they are tracking all materials from receipt to issuance. Making sure they have a tracking system in place to track all materials to give a 100% accountability for custom clearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- The receipt, inspection, storage, inventory control (manual and/or automated), physical security and issue of materials and equipment.
- Identifying the need and completing the action for all unsatisfactory, over, short and damaged material and equipment received at project temporary operating and jobsite locations.
Other Remarks/Qualifications ( Indicate any skills not available in the SAP Skills Catalog along with the appropriate proficiency levels)
- Directs the preparation of procedures and instructions establishing material control responsibilities and methods of operations pertaining to material management activities at NSF. This responsibility specifically includes but is not limited to project procedures, which must be in compliance with approved Standard Work Process Procedures with approved variations if required.
- Continually reviews performance at NSF.
- Establishes data to be collected to measure performance on a regular basis in alignment with corporate standards. Directs the distribution of these metrics for management review, both functional and project.
- Assists PFPM in establishing and monitoring a continuing program to monitor all materials at NSF.
This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
- Knowledge of steel fabrication.
- Knowledge of the fabrication processes at a steel fabricator.
- Knowledge of materials management automated systems, interfaces between systems, and how data is shared and managed.
- Ability to blend materials management with project work packaging strategy.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the full scope of materials management functions on a construction project, including personnel required to execute known workload.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Broad understanding of standard field procurement procedures, including knowing the requirements set forth in the Standard Work Process Procedures.
- Experience with materials control for medium to large construction projects.
- Coordinates and monitors personnel activities, including annual performance reviews, for material control personnel assigned to project temporary operating and jobsite locations as directed by the Project Field Procurement Manager.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of the Bechtel Procurement System (BPS), Look-Ahead Viewer, Bucksheet, and T&L Modules.
- Advanced knowledge of work packaging and materials status reporting.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.