|Job Ref:||26536BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||US||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
This position supports achieving strategic objectives for growth in water markets related to water scarcity, aging and overloaded infrastructure and hydropower. |
Mission. The mission of the Heavy Civil department is to support Black & Veatch's Corporate Mission of Building a World of Difference by bringing high value solutions and knowledge to provide energy, water, information and other critical human infrastructure for a better world.
Objectives. The overall objectives are to contribute to significant business growth by developing new & existing clients, recruiting new professionals, capturing the industry-leading market share of various Water work while providing a challenging and exciting work place for our employees to innovate, grow and thrive.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Experienced senior professional working day to day with Client Services professionals and other Heavy Civil leaders to both grow the business and successfully execute projects.
2. Chief Engineer for tunneling function including quality control, technical direction and risk management.
3. Responsible for building strong client relationships with both internal and external clients, assisting internal clients with effective pre-positioning, winning project pursuits and growth of staff.
4. Be available as a project management or construction management candidate for pursuits.
5. Increase B&V marketplace visibility by leading and assisting with participation in regional and tunneling related conferences and committees, as well assisting local Client Services with local community and civic associations, and other activities.
To promote alignment with our Americas Business Plan, the following outlines your responsibilities within this framework:
•Assist with and implement the Heavy Civil Business Plans and selected Client Plans. Provide marketing and business development leadership through identification and evaluation of pursuit opportunities, and development of pursuit strategies in collaboration with local offices.
•Support participation in professional society activities such as SME, UTC, CMAA, and ASCE with technical advice to participants and provision of papers presentations etc.
•Be visible and promote various communities of practice within Heavy Civil including Construction Management.
•Consider Client Service Managers, PDs and PMs as our internal clients.
•Be the Champion for recruiting professionals and understand departmental hiring plans. Specifically, identify candidates and work with our internal recruiters on recruiting efforts. Provide stable leadership to staff through mentoring and coordinating staff assignments. Develop annual goals and Individual Development Plans for junior staff when assigned.
•Coordinate work with local office leadership and Finance as requested.
•Support the Heavy Civil business lines to develop New Business growth in line with our annual goals.
•Support the Region and all of our Client Service Managers and Project Managers to achieve project financial goals for PGM and technical performance.
•Actively participate in project execution on assigned basis
Measures of Success. The ultimate measure of success revolves around four primary factors:
NA excellence of our work products
NA success of our projects
NA growth and raising profile
NA of our business volume and staff.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 15 years related work experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Drive For Results, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Customer Focus, Building Effective Teams. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females