|Job Ref:||130014BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Croydon||Address:|| |
Croydon, Greater London, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:55|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Our Transportation team currently have vacancies in our Croydon office for Civil/Structural Engineers, preferably with experience of working on either Network Rail, London Underground and/or metro / light rail networks. AECOM are currently expanding their rail engineering capabilities in Croydon following several major project wins.
The successful candidate will be working towards professional qualification with solid post graduate experience. You will have proven design experience in the design of either stations, depots, bridges or buildings and in delivering projects to clients' satisfaction at the appropriate standard, ensuring accuracy of drawings and calculations.
Our modern office in central Croydon has good transport links and accommodates a large multidisciplinary transportation design centre. The recently established rail team is currently engaged in supporting some of our major projects including High Speed 2, Crossrail, Riyadh Metro, Jeddah Metro, Northern Hub and now the Wessex Capacity Programme for Network Rail. We are now looking to enhance this team with individuals with a sound technical background who share our enthusiasm and determination. Our services offered to our clients cover the whole project life cycle through feasibility studies, scheme designs and project delivery. Our clients are from the private and public sector and include HS2, Network Rail, London Underground, TFL, Nexus, TfGM, SYPTE, Centro and Croydon Tramlink, as well as many Tier 1 contractors.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards.
• Receive brief from Project Manager.
• Contribute to concept design.
• Develop detailed design for Project Manager approval.
• Attend design team meetings as appropriate.
Attend review meetings with Clients.
• Obtain design information from sub-consultants.
• Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
• Liaise with CAD Technician for production of BIM and drawings.
• Prepare technical reports.
• Attend site during construction phase if necessary to ensure construction is in accordance with specifications/drawings.
• Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety file.
• Complete timesheets on a daily basis, allocating time correctly against job numbers.
• Understand the basis of fees and costs.
• Understand own contribution and impact on projects and develop an awareness of the implications for projects through the project management system.
• Work within the financial and programme constraints and consider financial implications in producing design options.
• Contribute and provide information for fee proposals.
Through the company Management and Safety training modules candidates will be expected to:-
• Gain knowledge and understanding of the (management) IMS procedures, their importance and their application to projects.
• Understand and implement the Company's Health and Safety Policy and processes as prescribed in IMS
• Experience of working on a variety of projects as a Design Engineer with some experience of dealing directly with clients.
• Experience of either bridge, building, station or depot design.
• Experience of working on transport infrastructure projects.
• Experienced in the use of the relevant British Standards and Eurocodes.
• Understanding of Health and Safety including CDM
• Good standard of written English and communication.
BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil/Structural Engineering • A member/associate member of a professional institution and a chartered or close to chartered engineer.
AECOM Reference: RailStructures
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.