|Job Ref:||133206BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:|| |
Basingstoke, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||RG21||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:57|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
Our Building Engineering division are looking to add an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join our Advanced Structures projects team in Basingstoke, providing design and analysis solutions to building structures problems. Act as project engineer on small and medium sized projects, support senior engineers on large projects.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of structural calculations.
- Undertake structural analysis and design using both computer & hand techniques.
- Contribute to the independent technical review of analyses prepared by others
- Assist in the management of project delivery in order to provide clients with results on time and budget
- Undertake structural design of structures using current British Standards and Eurocodes
- Have a desire to learn new skills and the ability to consider the wider engineering issues related to the work being undertaken
- Have the desire to work towards becoming a chartered structural engineer.
- Contribute to the broad range of technical skills that Advanced Structures team possess
- Experienced in use of a commercially available design software packages (e.g. ESA Prima Win, Tekla Building Designer, Tedds)
- Some experience in the use of Finite Element Software (eg Lusas, Ansys)
- Ability to communicate well in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate using hand drawn sketches.
- Able to decide on the level of reliance and accuracy to attach to results of computer analysis and to interpret results into practical engineering solutions
- Demonstrable track record in the preparation of designs contributing to the delivery of client projects
- Able to work on a number of projects simultaneously
- Masters degree in an appropriate Civil or Structural engineering discipline
- Bachelors degree (min. 2:1) in an appropriate Civil or Structural engineering discipline
- Working towards Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.