|Job Ref:||TRCS-INDH01087303||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||India||City:||Gurgaon||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 22:06|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. |
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are looking for a highly driven Sales Manager for our signalling division Rail Control Solutions (RCS) to be based in Gurgaon in India.
You are responsible for developing our railway signalling business in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. You will focus on a number of key accounts where you develop long-term relationships with the decisions makers and influencers, in order to position Bombardier Transportation for upcoming opportunities. You work closely with our Advance Engineering team to ensure an optimised technical proposal and, where necessary, you bring in consortium partners and local subcontractors to help you present a competitive offer.
You develop market strategies and select opportunities for your assigned territory with a view of achieving sustainable profits. Based on the intelligence you gathered, you set target prices for the tender teams to meet. You excel at coordinating requests and inputs from various functions in order to achieve your objectives.
You are comfortable promoting to senior stakeholders complex systems integration projects ranging from $10 million to $100 million. You understand your market and stay up-to-date with the evolutions of the railway industry, in particular the news concerning rail operators, suppliers, consultants, and government agencies. At the same time, you can convey a credible technical understanding of the principles of signalling and advanced technologies such as CBTC and ERTMS.
- Collect, analyse and summarise market data in order to support tactical and strategic decisions. Formulate market entry strategies in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Maintain opportunities in the NA CRM system. Ensure a realistic order intake forecast. KPI: order intake vs. budget.
- Develop long-term relationships with key accounts and partners. Ensure a sound selectivity of customers and opportunities.
- Develop pricing models for rail control solutions based on past tender results and market analysis.
- Organise responses to pre-qualifications requests and Expressions of Interest. Identify and select suitable partners for the scope of work outside of the capabilities of our Rail Control Solutions division.
- Lead the sales process from opportunity identification to contract award. Draft opportunity capture plans and ensure internal buy-in.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Executives.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- A Bachelor's degree in any discipline is essential and an MBA qualification will be an advantage.
- Strong experience in rail signalling industry working for a railway undertaking, asset owner, supplier, consultancy or government agency.
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate and build effective relationships with customers and internally across various departments.
- Knowledgeable about signalling systems and technologies including CBTC and ERTMS.
- Familiar with railway telecommunication and other railway E&M systems.
- Experience selling or executing systems integration projects over $10 million.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive bid teams.
- Results driven approach and an enabler for change to take place.
- Fluency in English essential and good knowledge of Hindi will be an advantage.
Additional information: The incumbent of this position must be able to travel 30% to 40% of time (significant travel within India, as well as some international travel).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Meet with us!
We are looking for great professionals to join us. For more information about our projects, products or if you want to 'meet' with our core project teams, please join our group on LinkedIn - Bombardier Transportation.