Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM has an excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Lead on our CFOAM contract in Springfield, VA. The Warehouse Lead will perform the following duties/responsibilities:
- Support the Site Supply Chain Manager and Senior Project Manager in reviewing business systems administration, resources, procedures and methods to improve operational effectiveness, utility and efficiency.
- Ensure that all services are delivered and all tasks are performed within established program guidelines.
- Provide supervision and labor to perform warehousing and stock management.
- Assist in the identification of process improvements and cost saving initiatives associated with the program.
- Provide and lead an appropriately skilled workforce to carry out the functions of the Statement of Work (SOW).
- Interface with clients, departments, contractors and community to resolve problems.
- Participate in staff training in the Logistics functional areas.
- Keep Site Lead and Program Manager informed of situation beyond the individual's control of authority.
- Implement warehouse health and safety and security programs and activities.
- Ability to create a schedule for employees and delegate tasks as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring all employees complete their tasks thoroughly and accurately.
- Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting to 20-50 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Ability to operate warehouse equipment and excellent listening and teambuilding skills.
- Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must possess a current Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in medium scale logistics operations.
- Ability to interact with users, ability to listen, comprehend, interpret articulate and define solutions as well as the ability to accurately document design information.
- Ability to interface with multiple organizations and manage priorities as critical.
- Solid technical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in the use of computer systems and their applications.
- Ability to work as part of a larger team.
- Forward thinking and displays initiative.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and deadlines and respond to changing demands.
- Must be able to make decisions, especially ones that require quick action.
- Ability to independently address assignments with minimal or no supervision.
- Experience providing world class customer service.
- Familiarity with Systems Applications and Products (SAP).
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community (IC) is desired.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.