|Job Ref:||CA_36034||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 01:06|
Purpose of Role
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that work is completed safely, on time, to budget, and to the required quality. To manage large sections of a project with regard to both the construction and financial aspects or to manage all aspects of a contract of small value (This will include safety, budget preparation, cost monitoring, quality procedures, sub-contractor control, material procurement and the training and welfare of all the staff and workforce on the contract). Liaise with employers representatives.
You will be fully knowledgable with a variety of BMS and will be confident going to client sites on a regular basis to project manage the assessment, improvement or installation.
Responsible for the delivery of the project;
• Responsible for Project Safety targets, Commercial forecasts, to the agreed programme whilst keeping a satisfied Customer.
• Develop and implement the Health & Safety plan to ensure that works are executed within legislative and Company requirements.
• Monitor construction, oversee the production of the CDM file, maintain and audit all Health & Safety elements of the project.
• Manage and advise on the procurement of Subcontractors by thorough vetting of potential Subcontractors based on the projects needs.
• Together with the Commercial staff place orders and acting as arbitrator in site disputes with Subcontractors.
• Ensure Company operating systems are adhered to at all times and carry out periodic audits of systems to monitor compliance.
• Build a working relationship with the Design Team and Client (during and post project completion)
• Communicate and liaise with the Client by attending Client meetings and by providing communications and reports when necessary.
• Analyse problems and information to source innovative solutions in order to maximise on commercial opportunities.
• Work with Commercial staff to have active involvement in the procurement process from start to completion of the project.
• Financially responsible for own projects on a day to day basis through to completion.
• Creating and executing project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Preparing deliverables as required by the client.
• Ensuring project documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Recognising opportunities for additional works and variations to contract.
• Developing excellent working relationships with clients.
• Design and implementation of Energy Savings through the use of BMS Controls.
Additional Role Information
This is a national role requiring travel to both client and Carillion offices/sites. Reward Package: