Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Manages and coordinates the work activities of the HSE (D) Industrial Hygiene section.
- Provides advice and assists departments with compliance to Corporate and Operational Occupational Health and Hygiene Policies, Standard Regulations and Management Systems.
- To ensure that occupational Health and Hygiene Monitoring is performed in accordance with the State and QP requirements in coordination with Corporate HSE.
Experience & Skills:
- BSc in Science or engineering discipline, Environmental Science or Studies or equivalent education with relevant experience.
- Post Graduate Diploma or Degree in Public or Occupational Health is an advantage.
- Attended courses in Industrial Health or Occupational Health Public Health.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work and solve problems under pressure in emergency situations.
- Ability to manage time effectively, to meet deadlines.
- Ability to coach/instruct in individual or small group settings.
- Ability to apply knowledge and expertise using original and innovative professional approaches and techniques to solve industrial hygiene related issues relating to oil and gas development and related problems.
- Ability to write specifications in line with QP rules and regulations and prepare mandated reports.
- Ability to perform field inspections/surveys and analyze data.
- Ability to work effectively in teams, and be flexible in work assignments.
- Ability to perform proper incident investigations and implement precautionary actions.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Leadership, problem solving and motivational skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good data interpretation and compilation skills
- Good investigation skills.
- 12+ years experience in the Fields of Public or Occupational Health or Industrial Hygiene with minimum of 3-5 years as Senior Industrial Hygienist in Oil and Gas environment.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.