|Job Ref:||2016-12145_Mount Laurel||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||New Jersey||City:||Mount Laurel||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 05:00|
*Location:* US-NJ-Mount Laurel
*Job ID:* 2016-12145
*Area of Interest:* EN - Groundwater
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Masters Degree
*Posted Date:* 5/12/2016
*Experience (Years):* 4
*SLP:* J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WHYDROGEO, J2WPROJECTS
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earthâ€™s development while preserving earthâ€™s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
The Mount Laurel, New Jersey office has an immediate opening for a Hydrogeologist with a minimum of 4 years of experience. This individual will provide field and office support for environmental investigation and environmental remediation projects in manufacturing, oil and gas, solid waste, mining and other industries. Responsibilities of the position include:
* Performing and leading field work and field data collection, data interpretation and evaluation, and preparation of technical reports
* Providing technical expertise and/or support for geologic and hydrogeologic investigations, hydrogeologic testing, geologic and hydrogeologic visualization, analytical and numerical groundwater flow modeling, contaminated site investigation and characterization, and development of conceptual site models.
* Proposal writing and client and regulatory agency communicationsw
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Have a strong academic background in hydrogeology, at least a Masters Degree in environmental science/hydrogeology, geology, geosciences or similar and a minimum of 4 years experience in consulting practice
* Demonstrate academic or consulting experience in hydrogeologic data collection, groundwater sampling, hydrogeologic testing and analysis, and numerical groundwater flow modeling. Contaminant fate and transport analysis and modeling is a plus.
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with willingness to work as part of a group
* Conduct written and verbal communications with clients and state and federal environmental regulatory agencies.
* Exhibit strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MODFLOW, etc.
Candidate must be willing to operate and maintain field testing and monitoring equipment, able to lift 50 pounds and be willing to travel. Must have a valid driverâ€™s license. Mechanical experience is a plus. Completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training is a plus. Must pass a physical examination as a condition of employment.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.