|Job Ref:||37750||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
UTC are a global leader in aerospace and defense. There are few, if any, aircraft around which do not have our equipment in them somewhere.|
This means you won't get better exposure to a field you've set your heart on whilst studying for a technically based degree.
For someone who's bright, switched on and willing to learn, it's the best possible place to begin a career in aerospace.
We are looking to offer an undergraduate an opportunity to join us for a 12 month placement in our Engineering team who support our Aftermarket Repair and Overhaul facility in Marston Green, Birmingham.
Although there is not a specific project area to focus on, this is an ideal opportunity for a technically minded individual to gain 'on the job experience' in both Engineering and Commercial Acumen in a complex aerospace environment.
Work activities will encompass the following:
• Engineering investigations, fault diagnostics and corrective actions
• Produce tear downs, life assessment and lessons learnt
• Engineering change instructions and task management
• Technical issue resolution
• Technical support to MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) operations
• Development of best practice and standard work operations
• Selection, sourcing and commissioning of processing equipment
• Achieving competitive excellence (ACE) through continuous improvement initiatives
• Adherence to site EHS rules.
The position has a salary of £16,570 along with 26 days paid annual holiday.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the above holidays).
Applications should be made using the following link: NA
Please search: Electronic Engineering Industrial Placement
Presently studying for a relevant degree or equivalent