Synacor is looking to grow our native mobile User Experience Design team in Ottawa, Canada.|
This team is responsible for the overall design and experience of our mobile applications used
by global Internet, wireless and TV/video service providers.
As a member of this team you will be working in a fast paced, highly collaborative open office
environment. This team of designers, product owners and software engineers will be creating
experiences for search, discovery and consumption of personalized content including video and
digital lifestyle management.
Things You Will Do
- Create high end visual designs and experiences for mobile iOS and Android
- Consult with clients and supervisors to evaluate individual project needs.
- Collaborate with mobile developers on software and delivery of graphically rich user
- Present designs and supporting rationale to team members, constituents, and
- Manage and execute final designs thru completion of a project.
- Create and/or contribute to user interface production documentation such as personas,
- scenarios, use cases, and wireframes.
- Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches to design and
- design's place within the engineering process
Skills You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree / College diploma in design related
- discipline: Graphic Design,
- Information or Interface design, HumanComputer
- Interaction, Communication Design
- 3+ years of design experience.
- Must have a strong portfolio containing examples of professional design work with an
- emphasis on mobile experiences.
- Passionate about solving complex design problems while owning all facets of design
- (strategy, wireframe, user experience, user interface design and research)
- Experience designing mobile interfaces.
- Candidates must be wellversed
- in usercentered
- design methods and techniques.
- Usability testing experience or focus group testing experience a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary
- Competitive compensation packages
- Generous company benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible hours
- Fun and collaborative open studio environment with a casual dress code.
- Plenty of career growth opportunities and chances to make a difference.