|Job Ref:||R0009072||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Post Date:||17/10/2016 22:01|
Project Quality Engineer|
Whiteley (with frequent travel across RAF sites)
Thales’s expert teams develop solutions that provide sophisticated real-time intelligence for soldiers in the field. From horizon-to-horizon airborne reconnaissance to technology that captures and relays over 9 million pixels every second, our products include some of the most advanced reconnaissance systems in the world. So whether our people are developing next-generation infrared and thermal imaging, liaising with global customers or providing essential business support, they play a key role in informing and enabling critical decisions.
The MARSHALL project is a major Air Traffic Management (ATM) delivery project to the UK MOD. Thales, in conjunction with its Partner NATS, will deliver a capability upgrade that will allow the Customer AQUILA, provide the MOD with ATM Services for a period of 22 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Quality Engineer to provide Project Quality and Supplier management leadership, ensuring the successful delivery and installation of airfield systems across a large number of UK MoD airfields.
This is a full time, permanent position, based in Whiteley, with frequent travel to RAF sites across the UK.
Duties & responsibilities
• Co-ordinate, manage and report on Quality within the PCMO and site installations.
• Manage and measure the project installation quality requirements reporting on corrective and preventive actions
• Identify best practice that will be shared across the programme
• Constantly maintain a high quality of information exchange with the customer
• Adopt new working methods when necessary and look for sustainable improvement of practices and processes
• Manage the budget reporting of financial data to senior management team.
Skills and experience
• Experience managing quality in a project environment, ideally within Aviation or the military
• Experience implementing, analysing and leading development of improved processes, methods and tools - improved quality and productivity.
• A high level of communication skills with the ability to deal with both technical and non technical people at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to communicate and drive continuous improvement actions
• This role requires travel across the UK.
Desirable skills and experience
• Extensive experience in Quality management roles.
• Member of Chartered Quality Institute
• Engineering/ business degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of air traffic management systems
What we offer you
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs.
We value talent and provide growth paths to all depending on the individual skills and abilities to move up the ladder.
With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries and 43% of all Thales UK roles being filled via internal movements our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
Thales UK Key Facts:
- Each year, Thales registers more than 300 patents
- A prominent retailer commissioned Thales to develop a ‘heat-sensing people counter' for use in its 400 stores
- 90% of all UK credit card transactions are secured by Thales
- Over 120,000 Thales Chip & PIN terminals have been installed across Europe
- Thales UK has earned 79 Queen's Awards for Technology and Export
- 90% of our sales are sourced from the UK
- 7% of our revenue is reinvested in R & D
- Thales has invested more than £2bn in the UK within the last 10 years
- Thales is the second largest defence systems supplier
- Thales embodies many famous companies, including Racal, Shorts Missiles, Pilkington Optronics, Redifon MEL, Thomson Marconi Sonar, Thorn Missile Electronics, Avimo, Helio and others