We are looking for Senior & Intermediate Surveyors to work in the Provincial Infrastructure group located in our Thunder Bay office.|
- Surveying and construction inspection tasks during the upcoming construction season;
- Ensure that collected information are accurate and conform to regulations and standards;
- Coordinate findings of the work with engineering personnel, and others concerned with project;
- Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys;
- Junior design and CAD work in the office at other times;
- Focus will be on learning more about road construction and design;
- Reporting to senior field and office staff as required;
- Accountable for accurate surveying and attention to detail in construction inspection;
- Accurate CAD work once the seasonal field work ends.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. While we sincerely thank all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Graduated with a technology diploma in related field;
- C.E.T or Geomatics Technologist, with minimum of 5+ years surveying experience;
- Experience with road construction grade layout process and topographical cross sectioning as it relates to highway construction;
- Knowledge in the various methods of surveying;
- Strong technical, documentation, and organizational skills
- Familiar with the latest software for downloading survey data from data collectors;
- Able to work outside;
- A team player, good communication skills, and excellent math skills;
- Experience with GPS and conventional survey equipment and procedure.