WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Structures Inspector (Inspector II) to join our Construction Services Group in the San Francisco Bay area.
• Inspects and reviews work in accordance with applicable codes and standards included in the project drawings and specifications
• Provides general inspections on construction labor and subcontractor work to assure a good and efficient operation.
• Monitors quality control and quality assurance material field testing for concrete, steel, asphalt and soils as applicable.
• Provides field measurements and assists in compiling quantity reports (CQVs) for payment of quantities and changes in the work.
• Prepares inspector daily reports (IDR's) in accordance with the project's requirements.
• Reviews and complies with policies and procedures for inspection of contract work.
• Reads and interprets drawings and specifications in accordance with contract work.
• Monitors and inspects various types of construction work at the construction site.
• Conducts quality control/assurance reviews of field testing for concrete, steel, asphalt and soils.
• Provides documentation relating to changes in contract work.
• Prepares daily inspection reports (IDRs),
• Verifies field measurements
• Assists in compiling quantity reports (CQVs) for monthly pay estimates.
• Observes general project safety.
• Monitors contractor's compliance with approved quality control program (CQC),
• Advises all inspectors, Resident Engineers of all construction issues and progress.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant inspection experience. This should include Rail and/or Bridge construction inspection experience
• Valid California Driver's license.
• Roadway Inspector skills
• A working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and materials (including those specific to CALIFORNIA)
• An ability to read and completely understand contract documents
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• CalTrans experience is a plus!
• Relevent inspection certifications are preferred
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required. Local candidates are strongly preferred!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation