WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Senior Supervising Engineer with 15+ years of experience in the Systems Engineering and Integration discipline with 5+ years within the transportation and rail industry. Specifically, Systems Engineering and Integration activities will entail definition of requirements, concept of operations, traceability of requirements with test procedures, and project lifecycle processes for signaling, traction power, catenary, vehicle, and any other system related to transit and rail projects.
2) The successful candidate will support transit and rail projects including those with NYCT, MARTA, NJT, Amtrak, and WMATA.
3) Specific duties of this role include the following:
4) This position offers an exciting leadership opportunity for experienced Systems Engineers to work on large-scale projects that present new and unique challenges, client interaction, and a strong sense of accomplishment.
• Work in a construction management environment on large-scale transit systems and lead integration, testing, and commissioning efforts on subsystems;
• Work alone or within a team environment to design systems for transit-related projects;
• Interact with engineers from other companies as well as transit authorities and heavy rail entities on designs and interfaces to subsystems related to signaling, traction power, catenary, and communications systems;
• Develop initial design concepts and labor estimates for proposals;
• Travel to customer sites to gain an understanding of project requirements;
• Develop and manage conformed technical requirements with input from customers and internal stakeholders;
• Create and provide presentations of system designs to customers.
• The successful candidate will have 15+ years experience of Systems Engineering in a rigorous engineering environment in transit and rail, aerospace, defense, or similar industry;
• 5+ years experience working on a transit-related project;
• A firm understanding of Systems Engineering practices and methods;
• Experience with engineering design on at least three large-scale projects at >$20M each;
• Experience integrating traction power, signaling, and other systems into a complete system;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Must be a self-starter and exhibit strong leadership capabilities;
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications;
• Immediate availability to work in the US.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited university, or a documented engineering degree from a foreign university;
• Documented member and active participant of INCOSE;
• CSEP certification preferred but not required;
• Professional Engineering license preferred but not required.