• To perform all roles and responsibilities required of site supervisors under the Building Control Act
• To take instruction from Superintending Officer or Consultant
• To ensure that the construction, civil works are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications and the Building Control Act and Regulations
• To monitor and report on the progress of works
• To carry out inspection of civil and structural engineering works prior to concreting or subsequent construction works
• To carry out inspection on defects rectification works
• To carry out supervision and inspection of the works as directed by the Supervision QP, CRE, consultants or Superintending Officer
• To manage and supervise the Resident Engineer and Resident Technical Officer under his charge
• To ensure that records of all civil and structural engineering works including records of tests, defect rectification, inspections, work progress, material and equipment on site, safety, etc, are timely updated and properly kept
• To attend site, progress, variation and coordination meetings
• To verify all reports and claims relating to C&S works submitted by the contractors
• To liaise with all relevant authorities
• To verify reports and claims submitted by contractors
• To maintain proper and updated daily records of all works done including records of tests, inspections, status of work, safety, site diary, material on site and equipment on site, labour force, day works, provisional items or provisional quantities etc.
• To keep accurate record of variations as instructed or approved by the Superintending Officer and to maintain a set of updated drawings on site
• To check all drawings (including shopdrawings, construction drawings and specifications for discrepancies and to report to the Supervision QP, consultants or Superintending Officer
• Experience in the supervision of roads, taxiways and runway pavements, major drainage structures, marine structures, buildings and pre-casting works.
• The candidate shall be accredited with the Joint Accreditation Committee of the Institution of Engineers Singapore and the Association of Consulting Engineers Singapore.
• For the position of SRE-CS, the candidate shall have minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience as an engineer, of which at least four (4) years shall be in supervision of works similar in nature as outlined above.
• For the position of RE-CS, the candidate shall have minimum five (5) years of relevant experience as an engineer, of which at least four (3) years shall be in supervision of works similar in nature as outlined above.
• A team player, with strong communication, leadership and supervision skills.
• Willing to work on shifts.