About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
• The Senior Plant Layout Design Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for project related plant layout design tasks.
• The work involves power plant overall site layout as well as detailed equipment layout designs with particular emphasis on gas turbine based combined cycle plants, gas turbine simple cycle plants and cogeneration plant designs.
• Responsible for the development of plant general arrangement plot plan drawings as well as site plan drawings
• The work also involves detailed underground mechanical, electrical and civil utility designs
• Responsible for overall coordination between disciplines for piping design, electrical design, structural design, and civil design
• The work involves detailed plant layout and design coordination using Micro Station S3D 3D design modeling software. The successful candidate must be proficient in 3D plant layout and design as well as 2D AutoCAD plant layout design.
• Work with project mechanical, electrical, civil and structural engineers and designers in a project team environment to affect well-coordinated plant layout designs.
• Have good oral and written communication skills
Major Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Education: Applied Science Degree or Bachelor's Degree in plant layout design or equivalent experience
• Thorough understanding of site layout logistics as it can relate to major power plant equipment layout for efficient design and ease of construction
• Detailed design layout of platforms, stairs etc. to ensure equipment access for operations and maintenance
• Aboveground and underground mechanical and electrical utility design capability a plus
• Thorough understanding of site survey and topographic drawings as it can relate to site layout drawings
• Power plant 2D and 3D equipment layout design activities
• Proficient with Intergraph Smart Plant 3D design programs as well as AutoCAD design programs
• Familiar with the work of mechanical, electrical, civil and structural disciplines for purposes of plant layout coordination
• Ability to work in a construction driven fast track design environment
• Working and interfacing with major equipment vendors
• Interfacing with construction contractors for prompt responses to field questions and changes to engineering design
Experience: 10+ years detailed power plant engineering and design experience
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation