• To perform all roles and responsibilities required of site supervisors under the Building Control Act
• To supervise the timely execution of the works and maintain quality control and ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with the contract specifications, drawings, allocated timeframe, all other contract documents and site instructions.
• To check all drawings and specifications to ensure that works are carried out in accordance with the approved plans for discrepancies and report to the Superintending Officer/Consultant /Qualified Person
• To prepare defect lists, monitor progress of rectification works and ensure all defects are satisfactorily rectified
• To supervise works to comply with statutory requirements and specifications
• To ensure that the structural elements or critical works of the construction works are being carried out in accordance with the approved plans and with any terms and conditions imposed by the Commissioner of Building Control where necessary.
• To attend site, progress, variation and coordination meetings and to keep proper minutes of these meetings.
• To ensure that proper and updated records of all works, including records of variation works, tests, inspections, work progress, materials and equipment/machinery on site, labour safety, provisional quantities, dayworks, etc, are kept.
• To take and carry out instructions from and represent the Superintending Officer / Consultant or the S.O.'s representative on site.
• To adhere to the shift duty roster assigned.
• To carry out any other duties including administrative tasks as directed by the Superintending Officer / Consultant
• Experience in the supervision of roads, taxiways and runway pavements, major drainage structures, marine structures, buildings and pre-casting works.
• The candidate shall be accredited with the Joint Accreditation Committee of the Institution of Engineers Singapore and the Association of Consulting Engineers Singapore. He/she shall have a certificate in Building Construction Supervisors Safety (BCSS) Course.
• For the position of SRTO-CS, the candidate shall have minimum five (5) years of relevant experience as a RTO, of which at least three (3) years shall be in supervision of works similar in nature as outlined above.
• For the position of RTO-CS, the candidate shall have minimum five (3) years of relevant experience.
• A team player, with strong communication, leadership and supervision skills.
• Willing to work on shifts.