About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Roadway Inspector I to join our Construction Services Group in the Portland Oregon area.
• Inspect and review work in accordance with applicable codes and standards included in the project drawings and specifications.
• Provide general inspections on construction labor and subcontractor work to assure a good and workmanlike operation. .
• Monitor quality control and quality assurance material field testing for concrete, steel, asphalt and soils as applicable
• Provide field measurements and assist in compiling quantity reports for payment of quantities and changes in the work.
• Prepare inspector daily reports (IDR's) in accordance with the project's requirements.
• Perform construction management inspection services including the following:
• Monitor and document construction activities
• Maintain project documentation, prepare daily diaries
• Confirm through observation and documentation that construction is being performed in accordance with the project plans and specifications, and local building codes.
• Monitor construction according to approved drawings and specifications
• Observe and report on field quality control tests on concrete, steel, or soil as applicable
• Record and report on any deviations from the contract documents
• Keep detailed records of contractor's performance and progress
• Conduct field inspections of various construction activities
• Coordinate material testing requirements with laboratories
• Document contractor's activities
• Provide field sampling of aggregates, concrete, asphalt and soils.
• Calculate quantities for payment verification
• Verify compliance with the project plans and specifications
• Verify incorporated materials are in compliance via Certificates and approved submittals
• Perform other duties as assigned
Roadway Inspector Qualifications:
• Proven Roadway Inspection skills
• A working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and material
• Rail and/or Bridge construction inspection experience
• Experience inspecting roadway and bridge projects.
• An ability to read and completely understand contract documents
• Effective oral and written communication skills
Local candidates are strongly preferred!
• High School Diploma required
• Minimum of 3 years of inspection experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
• Valid Oregon Driver's license
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation