Waste Treatment Process Engineer |
We are seeking an exceptional process engineer to join our team in Hong Kong office. With a diverse national private and public sector client base, we are seeking an experienced process engineer with outstanding technical and management capabilities to support and advance our growing water and wastewater treatment practice. This practice includes industrial wastewater, process water, and groundwater facilities depending on the client's needs.
The selected candidate will be expected to work largely independently under senior leadership in providing consulting services including, but not limited to:
The selected candidate will have full technical responsibility for scoping, performing, and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments while following the Company's risk and quality management policies. At times, the selected individual may delegate assignments to junior personnel and be responsibility for overseeing completion of tasks within budgetary, schedule, and other internal and external constraints. Consistent with our sell-manage-do business model, the selected candidate would also be expected to play a significant role in helping build the future of our local practice through lead generation, business development, project management, staff development, and mentoring.
• Treatment and conveyance system process design;
• Conceptual design, cost estimating, and option evaluations;
• Treatability, bench, and pilot-scale testing;
• Equipment sizing and selection;
• Final detailed design including preparation of design drawings and specifications for bid;
• Field investigations and construction support;
• Process optimization and troubleshooting; and
• Field investigations, pilot testing support, and construction support services.
• Bachelor's degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
• Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in the engineering field focused on process engineering projects with a strong focus on pumps, piping and controls
• Experience in process engineering design and project/task management are required
• Professional engineering registration and experience with modeling/design tools such as AUTOCAD, MicroStation, and WaterCAD, WaterGEMS, AutoPlant, BioWin, are preferred but not required
• This position requires successful completion of 40 hours of OSHA health and safety training for working with potentially contaminated materials (provided, as needed), annual 8-hour refresher courses, first aid training (every three years), CPR training (every year), and annual medical monitoring
• The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are also required