About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a motivated Field Inspector III for various transportation construction projects throughout the State of Arizona. The assignments vary from small municipal projects to large multi-million dollar highway, airport, and light rail projects. The Project is in the metro areas and in the remote areas of Flagstaff and Sedona with the potential to see the entire state.
Under general supervision, the Field Inspector will:
• Inspect various facets of work on the construction site
• Prepare inspection reports
• Supervise a staff of 2-4 people and direct staff in oversight duties
• Review staff diaries and back-check quantities
• Interact daily with contractor foreman and supervisors
• Read and interpret project plans and specifications
• Monitor and document contractor activities for compliance with project documents
• Perform on-site material soils, concrete, asphaltic concrete sampling & testing
• Measure, calculate, and document quantities of installed materials in accordance with client policies and procedures
• A minimum of 7 years of experience with construction activities related to role (particularly inspection) and/or experience in the construction trades or education related to civil design and or construction classes
• Ability to read construction plans, knowledge of construction materials, and a good driving record
• Ability to supervise others
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required.
• Experience with/possession of all or any of the following:
• MCDOT, MAG, ADOT policies and procedures, relevant certifications such as American Concrete Institute (ACI), National Institute for Certification of Engineering Technologies (NICET), Arizona Technical Testing Institute (ATTI), or equivalent.
• Certifications in American Concrete Institute (ACI), Arizona Technical Testing Institute(ATTI), American Traffic Safety Services Association Supervisor (ATTSA) and Erosion Control. Knowledge of Arizona DOT document procedures and computer programs for Daily Diaries, Quantity payment processes (CPE System) and Material Logging a plus
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation