Mechanical Field Engineer - Washington, DC|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
About the Job
This position is for a full-time mechanical engineering field representative for a complex phased modernization of a large office building. The building is located in downtown Washington DC.
Responsibilities include construction administration assistance for:
As a key member of the entire owner-consultant-construction team, you will be expected to lead technical discussions regarding all of the above systems. You will represent the design team and owner and effectively collaborate with the team to develop cost-effective solutions to issues arising during the construction of a complex alterations project in an occupied building. You will conduct detailed mechanical field observations to ensure that the installation is in accordance with governing codes and the design intent. You will be the lead mechanical design team participant in multi-discipline coordination meetings. You will provide final mechanical sign-off punch lists for portions of the project as they reach substantial completion.
• Air distribution systems design.
• Fire protection systems.
• Automatic temperature controls system design and specification.
• Coordination with city and state permitting agencies.
• Multi-discipline coordination.
• Compliance inspections.
• Review of percentage of completion.
• Survey assistance for design engineers in the New York Office.
• Interpretation of design intent and responses to RFI's.
• Development of sketches to respond to coordination issues.
• Transfer and coordination of information from the field to the engineering office in New York.
• Attend client meetings.
WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WSP uses E-verify by the USCIS to verify that new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent on-the-job experience in mechanical design and construction
• 5 - 10 years of experience in construction administration for mechanical systems installations in buildings. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project in construction phase.
• Ability to read and interpret A/E design drawings and specifications and contractor shop submittals.
• Strong working knowledge of building codes and good engineering practice.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
• P.E. License is a plus.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation