|Job Ref:||1613766||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London (Greater)||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 22:08|
Job Title: Technical Consultant – Fire Suppression |
In our business we have a team who have a “passion to protect what matters most”. We are actively recruiting for skilled Sprinkler/Suppression Specialists to be part of our great team to deliver high quality customer experience. We offer Job Security, Skills and Career Development within a business that really does offer opportunity locally, nationally and globally.
The role of the Technical Consultant is focused on supporting our sales function within our Fire Suppression business, providing a consultative approach in line with our Business Development and Pre-Sales team.
Possessing solid technical knowledge and understanding of Suppression products and systems, the Technical Consultant surveys sites, prepares costs, specifications and quotations that meet the requirements & needs of the customer to ‘bring to life’ the full suppression solution portfolio that we can offer our customers. For large and/or complex proposals an Estimator/Technical Bid Manager will support through the formation of a bid team.
Through focused activities executed with a consistent rhythm, the key objectives for the Technical Consultant are conversion improvement, by providing the technical knowledge and guidance to the existing sales team.
• Survey, Configure, Price, Quote – survey customer sites, prepare costs, specifications and quotations to propose solutions to the customer.
• Opportunity Planning – Identify opportunity to bid, fully qualify with the customer & engage in a pre-bid review. Form a bid team to identify critical must wins/complex/large opportunities, define roles of team, technical strategy, value proposition and next actions.
• Presentations – Carry out technical/bid presentations around the proposed/defined solutions to the customer or influencer.
• Sales & Negotiation Skills – possess and develop through coaching and learning
• Product / Technical Knowledge – maintain & develop solution specific product and technical knowledge/skills through training and learning.
Experience & Requirements:
• Technical knowledge and experience within the Fire Suppression market place.
• A proven background in a service provider market.
• Demonstrate a successful track record of achievement in sales.
• Strong networking skills with relevant clients.