Thales’s expert teams develop solutions that provide sophisticated real-time intelligence for soldiers in the field. From horizon-to-horizon airborne reconnaissance to technology that captures and relays over 9 million pixels every second, our products include some of the most advanced reconnaissance systems in the world. So whether our people are developing next-generation airborne security radars, liaising with global customers or providing essential business support, they play a key role in informing and enabling critical decisions.|
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced programme Quality Engineer to join the ISR quality team in Crawley, West Sussex. This post will provide Quality Assurance support to assigned programmes, planning and undertaking quality surveillance activities for software and hardware, working with suppliers and internal integration teams to achieve requirements. The role will include, software QA, QA surveillance of subcontractors, addressing customer complaints, liaising with Customers QAR, undertaking Quality Systems Audits when required, identifying areas for process improvement, involvement and/or leading improvement activities.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Assist/ Plan and Implement Quality Assurance on assigned programmes in accordance with Company Reference system, Contract and Regulatory Requirements,
- Assist/Generate QA inputs for Programme Reviews.
- Assist/Generate inputs for Programme/QA Manager reports.
- Ensure assigned programme tasks are carried out in accordance with agreed Work Packages.
- Systematically perform QA audit and surveillance activities throughout the lifetime of assigned Programmes.
- Be the point of contact & offer professional advice for programme on QA matters, to the customer, sub-contractor and supplier.
- Provide advice and assistance on quality matters to programme staff, engineering and operations through proactive participation, during all phases of the programme.
- Conduct investigations and create reports as assigned.
- Perform analysis of quality metrics and initiate improvements as applicable
- Identify trends, issues, and opportunities associated with process or product that may impact on the business.
- Contribute and enhance the developing knowledge base within quality by engaging and building relationships with internal & external contacts
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing and persuasion skills
- An ability to interface well at all levels within the business, with suppliers, partners and customers
- Strong disciplined approach to process
- Ability to facilitate when working with teams
- Experience of working within a programme quality environment in a defence or similar industry
- Experience of working within a supplier quality assurance environment and involved with auditing
- Working knowledge of commercial and MoD contractual requirements and standards
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS9100 / AQAP 2110.
Play a key role within a dynamic business, apply now