|Job Ref:||MIBAES0305||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year, commission + equity||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:21|
Are you looking for a new role where you can take control of your own success? Would you like to have uncapped earning potential? How about the real chance of partnership within a successful small business within the first year? A new, unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join a small, successful privately owned consultancy specialising in residential pre-purchase and building surveys across London. This is an opportunity to join forces with a growing business and make your mark whilst making commission on top of a basic salary of up to £45,000. You will be putting together reports on a wide range of interesting building across the capital varying in value from £500,000 to £4m.|
There is a strong sense of ambition and pride within this company and the culture is very much one of meritocracy. Commission will be paid as a percentage of fees earned over and above a set target which makes this a rare opportunity for uncapped earnings.
After your initial bedding in period you will be one of the leading surveyors within the London office, with the owner and potential future partner of yours splitting their time between London and Scotland.
The company is in a great location in the heart of stylish Chelsea, 10 minutes walk from Sloane Square tube.
The successful Chartered Building Surveyor responsibilities will include:
* Survey buildings and prepare full building survey reports, home buyers reports and executive summary reports detailing condition, structure and defects of all external, internal areas, services, legal statutory and environmental factors on all types of property within London
* Value and carry out valuation reports for central London residential properties
* Liaise with clients in relation to both of the above reports and provide verbal advice following the written reports
* Preparation of record drawings including measurement
* Preparation of working drawings, new works or alterations
* Preparation of specifications
* Measurement of building work
* Valuation of building work
* Administration of statutory provisions relating to buildings including works failing to comply with regulations and bye-laws
* Submission and negotiations of proposals to local authorities and local planning authorities
* Scrutiny of building proposals under regulations and bye-laws
* Assessment of fire load: standards and requirements of construction
* Site surveys and preparation of plans
* Preparation of contract documents
* Tendering and evaluation
* Contract administration, valuation and certification
* Inspection of buildings for schedule of conditions
* Preparation of general reports and recommendations to clients
* Negotiations in respect of party wall or other neighbourly matters
* Maintenance reports, schedules and management
* Advising owners and occupiers on the use of building including services, maintenance, and statutory responsibilities
In order to be considered for this position the successful candidate must have completed a Building Surveying degree or other related, relevant qualification and be a chartered member of the RICS. Training will be given on valuation if needed but experience in this would be desirable.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, or if you would like to hear about other niche opportunities, please email your CV or call NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Building Surveyor , Building Surveying , Surveying , MRICS , Chartered , Chartered Building Surveyor
qualification Relevant degree MRICS