|Job Ref:||00015108||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||LaPorte||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 01:02|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Manufacturing Services Manager with our Chemical Manufacturing Facilities located in La Porte, Texas.
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
• Provide overall direction and leadership for the Process Safety Management (PSM) function. Ensure that Process Safety regulations as described by OSHA, EPA and OxyChem are communicated and carried out by personnel at all facilities within Houston Operations. Ensure adequate resources are available, including outside experts when needed, to carry out necessary programs and program evaluations.
• Provide overall direction for the Mechanical Integrity of fixed equipment and piping for the Houston Operations plants. Ensure adequate and qualified staff of Engineering resources and Equipment Inspectors is maintained.
• Provide overall management for the Stores/Warehouse function within Houston Operations. Ensure Stores inventory is received, tracked, and issued according to OxyChem policy and generally accepted accounting practices. Provide systems that control warehouse access, monitor security, and track items removed from Stores inventory.
• Provide overall direction for the Contract Services function in Houston. The Contract Serves department provides the functional interface for the Houston Operations resident contractors regarding labor invoices and PeopleSoft approval. This group also performs contactor safety audits, and provides direction to the janitorial and grounds-keeping services for the Houston Operations plants.
• Provide overall direction for the Manufacturing Service Engineers with specialized experience in rotating equipment, electrical engineering, and instrument-system engineering.
• Provide overall direction for the Houston Operations underground pipeline program. Direct inspection, testing, and record keeping activities. Ensure coordination of DOT Pipeline issues with OxyChem Corporate Office.
• Serve as the liaison between Houston Operations and the primary Maintenance Contractor for the Houston Plants. Coordinate quarterly (local) Management reviews to ensure common goals are being achieved.
• Serve as the Responsible Care Coordinator for the Houston Operations plants.
• Serve as the MOC Coordinator for Houston Operations wide MOCs.
• Review all Corporate Engineering AFEs totaling more than $300 K for quality and consistency.
• As an Oxy Level 3 trained Investigator, provide leadership to the Incident Investigation processes in Houston.
• Ensure relevant data is provided for the Maintenance Excellence and Critical Success Factors teams.
• Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations. Ensure annual departmental goals and objectives include meaningful Process Safety activities for all levels of the organization.
• Reviews and approves all changes to Manufacturing Services headcount and annual budgets. Serves as liaison to OxyChem Corporate Engineering. Reviews and approves all changes to the PSM/RMP programs for Houston Operations.
• Bachelor's Degree. Mechanical Engineering preferred with 10 years of experience.
• PSM/Mechanical Integrity
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
• Maintenance/Outage experience
• Experience as a Maintenance Mgr/Supervisor
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Individual with Disability / Veteran Status