|Job Ref:||37878||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Quebec||City:||Mirabel||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
Quality Manager responsibilities|
Primary focal over facility QMS Compliance
Primary QA focal to the customer (PW, BA, TCCA)
Manage the quality compliance of procedures and work instructions at the facility
Member of the facility GMT
Perform Contract & P.O. review, ensure requirements are flowed to working level at PQUAD Facility
Obtain and maintain AS9100 and ensure EEP training is maintained for employees
Maintain the PQUAD Facility Quality Plan (QAP) GR013643
Identify Work Instructions which are needed including Operations & Quality
Perform annual reviews of the QAP with the customer
Perform annual reviews of the facility Operations Quality Policy
Attend customer communication meetings and QA Improvement reviews
Focal for identifying repetitive defects and support PQUAD Operations team in the elimination of defects
Focal for Corrective action plans
Focal for internal and customer audits, and attaining 3rd party registration to AS9100, per PSA Contract
Co-Lead Improvement events with the customers
ITC & Continuous Improvement leader responsibilities
Build PQUAD ACE strategy and leverage CI UTC resources to cover the following:
Development of scope sheets for Kaizen events, participation on events and follow up to ensure successful implementation and closure.
Performing time observations, creating and maintaining standard work sheets, standard work combination sheets and percent loads.
Creation and maintenance of plant visual controls, including ACE/Driver Measures and other metrics
Deployment of 5S Culture.
Development and maintenance of CI training materials and Standard Factory Assessment matrix.
Build PQUAD International Trade and Compliance procedures including:
Develop/Implement a facility control plan
Develop/Implement an Export control plan
Develop/Implement an Import control plan
Develop/Provide Training and procedure support to this site
Focal point matters related to ITC regulations policies matters
• A bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5-7 years of experience in a similar position (preferably in the Aerospace industry).
• Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team
• Must be able to travel (mostly to the U.S.) 25-40%
• Excellent communication skills (French & English).
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and the ability to implement the Lean tools in the manufacturing environment
• Ability to use analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure and time-sensitive situations
• Ability to prepare periodic reports indicating progress of technical projects and tasks
• Ability to demonstrate computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
• Ability to work in a team environment with the ability to work effectively with all levels of customers and company personnel
• Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in person, or through written communication
• Ability to effectively promote a positive work environment
• Ability to promote the principles of the UTAS Mission and Operating Principles & Lean Principles
• Must have coaching and counseling skills
• Must possess ethical standards