Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line
Program, Cost, Consultancy
We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
AECOM is recruiting for a Project Management Associate to be a key member of the Dublin project management team. To continue to build and develop on it's successes and growth. We are currently seeking an Associate to take a lead role in various sectors to help win and deliver projects building on our portfolio of major blue chip clients and high profile projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role will entail direct client liaising, lead as commission / account managers together with overseeing project management team members with their duties
- The role will require a passion for first class service delivery, implementing best practice and continuous improvement and promoting AECOM externally
- Contribute to the overall and operational management of the AECOM project management team in Dublin
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met
- To be specifically responsible for delegated business development / marketing objectives
- To lead significant Project Management Commissions, taking overall responsibility for their successful delivery
- To provide oversight / strategic guidance /audit & review, to a portfolio of projects being lead within the cost centre
- To be specifically responsible for delegated business development / marketing tasks
- To provide effective Line Management to SPMs, PMs and APMs
- As an Associate you will be assessed by the extent to which:
- Commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- General line management responsibilities are effectively discharged and the project management team is led effectively
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
- Be the primary interface with AECOM clients (New and Existing)
- Provide leadership within project management business and provide leadership and mentoring to the team
- Ensure all staff members reporting to you have current and relevant training
- Manage the delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by project management teams prior to issue
- To 'win' clients through strong business development skills
- Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations
- Experience as Senior Manager/ Director in a comparative business
- Proven 10 -15 years experience with at least 5 years acting at Senior level
- Track record of managing teams
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Highly motivated and with excellent industry network
- Possess the ability to work across service lines (a track record of cross selling would be useful)
- Commercial experience is essential along with a proven track record of winning and retaining new Clients
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.