|Job Ref:||133754BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||UK Wide||City:||Edinburgh||Address:|| |
Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:57|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
At AECOM we are addressing the world's appetite for energy by aligning our integrated consultancy teams with the needs and goals of utility providers, developers, construction contractors, financiers and operators of energy infrastructure.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Engineer - Transmission & Distribution to join our team in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office. This is a delivery focused role requiring a strong technical understanding of transmission and distribution systems and equipment.
Transmission and Distribution is a growth area for AECOM and the Principal T & D Engineer can expect to develop their career as the Energy Business Line continues to grow. Opportunities to develop and refine business & man management skills will be available.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of projects from leading bids and tenders through to the delivery of projects as the Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
Ideally candidates should have a recognised technical specialism in the high voltage transmission and/or distribution sector , where AECOM is particularly looking for skills in HV System Design, Power System Studies, Electrical Storage/Battery Systems, High Voltage Cables, Protection & Control and HVDC applications
• Technical lead on projects
• Feasibility level studies
• Owner's Engineer roles
• Financial & Budget control
• Project management/co-ordination
Experience should include a good selection of the following;
• Experience of working in the UK &/or international transmission and/or distribution sector
• Experience of medium and high voltage projects including feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, modeling, site supervision, testing and acceptance.
• Experience at voltages up to 132kV is essential and experience to 400kV and above is preferred.
• Experience gained working for a DNO, network provider , consultant, manufacturer or contractor in the T&D sector.
• Electrical Battery/Storage systems .
• High voltage cables
• Protection and Control
• HVDC applications
• Power system analysis (DIgSILENT, PSSe, EDSA, CDEGS, EMTP, CAPE, ASPEN etc).
• Regulation of electricity networks
• Power System Planning
• Electricity Market Pricing & Strategies
• Ability to work in a pressurised engineering and project environment.
• Able to work to tight timescales
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Fluent in English - one or more other language(s) would be an advantage
• BSc /BEng Electrical Engineering (Hons)
• Chartered Engineer status or be working towards it.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.