Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
The coordination field engineer serves as a link between construction field engineer and other members of the project team. The coordination field engineer ensures that construction requirements are made known to the Project Team in a timely manner and obtains construction responses to the needs of other members of the Project Team.
A. Supervision Received
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Receives technical and operational supervision from Electrical & Telecommunication LDFE. B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate and others, as assigned. C. Contacts
- Jobsite contacts are with field engineers, superintendents and subcontractor's personnel associated with construction engineering.
- Interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design- related issues as implemented in the field.
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers, such as the application of drawings, specifications, and subcontracts.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases.
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of "as built" drawings and other job plans.
- Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents in:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure contract remains up to date in areas such as drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Coordinates with the Field Construction Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers routine subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel. May represent the company in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Ensures that vendors' bids for material and equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite. Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel and ensures they receive progressive training.
- May direct minimal numbers of manual craft field forces during project closeout.
- Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel's Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's "Zero Accidents" safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents. This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
- Applicable local Egyptian Electrical codes
- Explosion Proof electrical equipment installation
- OG&C construction
- Brownfield & Greenfield construction piping experience
- Single Line Diagram
- Electrical and telecommunication Tie-ins (Cold taps)
- Mechanical completion turn over
- This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel