Thales Alenia Space (TAS) has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, we meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Our teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe. |
Thales Alenia Space requires a Configuration & Data Manager (CADM), who will deploy and manage the activity of Configuration Management of both Bristol and Harwell sites. The role consists of implementing the activities of traceability for the programs and the products lines, in the respect for rules (standards, Chorus 2, QMS) and according to the requirements of our customers.
The aim of configuration management is to allow the control of the technical data of the system, sub-system and equipment (Conception, realisation, exploitation).
- To analyse the customers’ requirements for configuration management, and set up the configuration management plan,
- Establish the requirements of supplier configuration management and control their plan and matrix.
- Implement products breakdown within tools.
- Establish the repository of the technical states and control the traceability.
- Handle the processes of evolutions (changes, Wavers) through the committees of modifications.
- To ensure the coherence with the documentation management and to coordinate the realization of Data Package,
The initial part of the position will be to deploy a centralised Configuration Management system, based on Thales rules and good practices. This will be done in a contest of deployment of new tools for Thales Alenia Space UK. This phase will be done in close collaboration with the Information System Department. An important aspect consists of definition and communication of the associated processes.
Key Quality Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Customer interface / Participation to bid phase
- Analysis of CADM requirements and preparation of CADM proposal
- Evaluation and quotation of CADM effort
- Definition, Negotiation and Implementation of CADM plan
- Internal process tailoring if necessary (preparation of specific instructions).
- Identification of Configuration Items in line with the Product Tree,
- Identifying all documents according to the SOW and DRL management
- Managing links between configuration items & documents
- Part number identification, product marking
- Software breakdown, identification, & marking
- Preparation and maintaining of configuration baselines.
- Change processing and account
- Request For Deviation processing and Request For Waiver registering
- Change Control Board (including Joint CCB and CRB) preparation, related actions follow-up.
- Change Control Board Leader
- CCN preparation (Change collecting, impacts recording, coordination of relevant quotation and sale, delivery and CCN accounting)
- CCN implementation coordination.
Configuration Status Accounting
- Reporting Configuration Status and Accounting to the Customer
- Setting up and maintaining the Configuration Item Data Lists (CIDL) and changes/deviations status list.
- Providing to Project CoreTeam with all necessary configuration inputs for key-points.
Configuration Verification and Audits
- Providing adequate and accurate documentation support for Reviews.
- Supporting and recording of Functional Configuration Verification and Physical Configuration Verification
- Leading configuration audit.
- Preparation of specific suppliers requirements to complete standard requirements
- Reviewing the subcontractor CADM Plans and control of implementation
- Reviewing configuration data from the suppliers
- Performing Audits about compliance with their approved plans.
- Sub-contractor change control.
- Knowledge and experience of Configuration Management in Space or Aerospace industries
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise clearly across disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential