CERTIFIED WELDING ENGINEER |
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-MXSACWENG
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Ciudad Sahagún, Mexico, you will be responsible for ensuring proper welding quality of the product on site as contractually agreed, through welders training, equipment, procedures qualification and manufacturing process.
In your role you will:
- Review and approve welding procedures made by Welding Technology area ;
- Be the link among Engineering, Methods, Production and Quality (inspection welding criteria);
- Provide welding training to new production welders and requalify existing ones;
- Support and develop engineers' new certifications;
- Perform welding process control and improvement through audits on site to monitor welders and welding;
- Maintain relationship with customers and support First Article Inspections (FAIs);
- Ensure that we are in line with all relevant welding standards (international standards and customer standards);
- Participate as part of the Welding Experts Group for the Bombardier Americas division.
As our ideal candidate:
- You possess an Industrial, Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering;
- You have a current certification as Certified Welding Engineer (CWEng) or International Welding Engineer (IWE) according to European standards;
- You cumulate a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in welding and two (2) years of experience as a CWEng;
- You have a background in metal mechanic or rail industry;
- Your knowledge of AWS standards are strong;
- Your skills in robotic welding will be considered as an asset;
- You possess problem solving techniques;
- You are well-organized;
- You have a high concern for quality and continuous improvement;
- You are oriented to customer service;
- Your English communication skills are excellent both written and spoken;
- Your fluency in Spanish language is desirable.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.
the evolution of mobility