|Job Ref:||133759BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Plymouth||Address:|| |
Plymouth, Plymouth, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:58|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
AECOM are looking to recruit an Environmental Planning Consultant at either Senior or Principal level to join a busy team of planning consultants and Environmental Impact Assessment practitioners in the Plymouth office of one of the largest planning and environmental consultancies in the UK.
The Plymouth office is home to an Environment and Planning team which predominantly works in the fields of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Planning, Environmental Science and Environmental Law. The Plymouth team forms part of a wider Environment and Planning team of over 100 consultants with colleagues in Bristol, Basingstoke, London, Wimbledon and Cambridge.
The team in Plymouth sits within a multi-disciplinary office alongside established Ecology, Landscape, Geo-environmental, Transport, Flood Risk and other Engineering teams. The Plymouth team manages a broad spectrum of EIA and other environmental assessment and related planning projects.
The team provides environmental and planning consultancy advice, and project management services, for a wide spectrum of plans, programmes and projects. Projects range from rail, road, power and waste management development, to large scale urban regeneration schemes, industrial facilities, residential, renewables, marine and coastal projects.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
The management and successful delivery of projects, including leading development projects through the consenting process.
Taking a supporting role in the management and development of the environment and planning business, including generating opportunities and winning new business.
The role will require technical EIA and planning knowledge, excellent team working and communication skills, line management, budgeting and project management experience.
The ideal candidate would be a qualified planner with MRTPI/IEMA membership and extensive experience of successfully leading major development projects through the development consenting process, including experience of the development consenting procedures under the Planning Act 1990, the Planning Act 2008 and the Transport and Works Act 1992 and will also have a working knowledge of EIA.
The individual will be a self-motivated, commercially aware environmental planner, with the confidence, ability and experience to provide authoritative, strategic advice to junior staff and clients.
Specific requirements for the role are as follows;
• Proven knowledge of UK planning legislation, policy and guidance, together with EIA procedures and assessment methods.
• Proven knowledge of the consenting regimes under the Planning Act 1990, Planning Act 2008 and the Transport and Works Act 1992.
• Proven knowledge of project management and project finances.
• Creativity, foresight and mature judgement in anticipating and solving problems.
• Ability to work with and guide multi-disciplinary teams throughout the business.
• Effective and persuasive negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication and networking skills.
• Ability to represent the business to clients.
• Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss both planning and environmental issues.
• First class organisational skills and ability to communicate with project teams, clients and regulators
• Strong attention to detail at all times.
• Excellent problem solving abilities.
• Flexibility to be able to work on a wide range of projects.
• Extensive experience of successfully leading planning and projects through the approval process.
• Staff management experience desirable.
• Experience in project management and financial management of projects.
• Track record in business development.
• Willingness to travel occasionally within the UK for meetings, site visits, etc.
• Full driving licence.
First degree in environmental or town planning or environmental planning and second degree in a related subject.
Full Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or an equivalent professional organisation.
Chartered Environmentalist status would be beneficial.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.