Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Reporting directly into the site Service Manager, the post holder will support the contract team in the provision of a high quality service. To ensure the upkeep of designated areas by carrying out general and specific duties as directed.
- To carry out general portering, cleaning, decorating duties as requested by the client via the Estates Manager, maintaining internal and external entrance and surrounds.
- To liaise with IFM staff and management on the day to day running of the building the reporting of issues relating to operation and appearance.
- To carry out routine checks on plant and equipment to ensure optimum conditions are achieved.
- Address any acute internal issues for example blocked drains, toilets, minor spillages, replacement of light bulbs and lamps.
- Painting and decorating as agreed and directed by management.
- To help setting up rooms for the business day including AV equipment, sound systems, media systems, setting up furniture and so forth as required by customers Assist with any other duties commensurate with the post for the effective provision of service.
- Reporting of breakdowns/fault.
- In addition, this role will be responsible for communicating on the status of work to the client and customer.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience as a handyperson.
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment.
- Manual Handling ability.
- Able to work in a demanding and busy area.
- Flexible/Adaptable in approach to work-willing to travel when requested.
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Pro active approach to work.
- Ability to work on their own with minimal supervision.
- Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery - attention to detail essential.
- Driven to complete tasks above expectations.
- Diligent, professional and intuitive.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of heating and air conditioning plant.
- Carpentry qualification.
- Painting & Decorating qualification.
- Communication skills.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide.