Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||26735BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Orlando||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies.
• Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards.
• Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
• Independently applies knowledge and complies with B&V quality program relative to assigned tasks.
• May be responsible for ensuring compliance with B&V quality program.
• Provides related guidance and direction to others.
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects.
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
• Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods.
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
• Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances.
• Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects.
• Provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
• Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area.
• Typically supports multiple projects on the complex technical challenges.
• Actively fosters knowledge management and provides mentoring.
• Develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
• Administrative responsibilities may include office administration. Ensures policies, procedures, and processes are effectively implemented and communicated for workgroup.
• Ensures adherence to corporate and division programs.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in Transmission Line Design.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Professional Engineer License
• Written Communications
• Drive for Results
• Decision Quality
• Priority Setting
• Planning and Delegation
• Conflict Management
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females