- Develop detailed signal system design for heavy rail and transit clients in both relay based and microprocessor based signal systems;
- Estimating costs, creating, & tracking project schedules and budgets;
- Develop general phasing plans to divide program work into manageable work blocks that minimize impact on day to day operations;
- Perform detailed check of team members' designs (Route & Aspects, & electrical schematics).
Hatch is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act throughout the recruitment process. If you require these accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical & Electronic engineering degree, or equivalent experience;
- 5-8 years' experience in the development, design and delivery of signaling engineering solutions;
- Proven experience of signalling design within a consultancy environment;
- Ability to plan and produce compliant signalling schemes with minimum supervision knowledge of signalling principles, circuits, components and the implications of working with other disciplines;
- Proficiency in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD or equivalent;
- Experience in circuit design, crossing warning system design, and electromechanical relay logic design;
- Must be a good team worker and decision maker;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to actively participate within a team, use initiative and communicate clearly with colleagues and managers;
- Leadership skills with a drive and commitment to excel in people management and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. While we sincerely thank all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.