As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our provision of advanced radio equipment to all of the Royal Navy’s surface combatants. |
Due to an increase in demand we are sourcing a Training Design Manager to be based either at our Cheadle, Stockport offices or our Templecombe, Somerset offices. The primary purpose as a Training Design Manager is to act as the training lead for the training solution, from the initial training system strategy through to the completion of solution design
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Plan and manage all aspects of the training solution design, using robust Bid & Project Management practices
- Act as training design Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Bring together best practice of both military and commercial training development in order to optimise the design process.
- Bring innovative solutions to training needs using training technology and simulation where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain training documentation in accordance with UK MoD JSP 822 (DSAT) process as required by the Authority
- Develop and maintain international training documentation in accordance with contractual and company requirements.
- Develop innovative Training design solutions in support of Research and Development programmes.
- Assist with design layout of new Training facilities
- Produce training documentation in conjunction with the company’s technical publications policy and the Technical Publications Manager.
- Be the main point of contact for Training design by building trust, rapport and relationships
- Experienced in management of training design teams encompassing the entire lifecycle from TNA through to delivery media production
- Management experience of training design teams
- Knowledge of UK MoD training design theories/pedagogies and experience translating those theories into course materials
- Adept at creating assessment criterion.
- UK military training needs analysis experience
- Fully conversant with the regulations and guidance provided by JSP 822
- Experience of courseware design and curriculum development
- Experience in the use of Microsoft products
- Excellent organisational skills
- Familiar with MOD Training Organisations
- Familiar with Training Management Systems
- Maritime knowledge
- Experienced in the development of both User and Maintenance Training Material
- Common Source Database (ASD1000D)
- Logistic Support Analysis (Record)
Be a part of an innovative and forward thinking business, apply now.