Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation Communication Specialist within our Permian EOR Automation group. This position can be based out of one of our EOR locations within the Permian Basin. This includes living within a 50 mile radius of Midland, Odessa, Andrews, or Denver City, TX. |
Essential Job Duties:
Communications Specialists are responsible for the planning, coordination, installation, operation, and maintenance of Automation network services and equipment in production field operation locations. Communications Specialist works with Engineering and Network Services in the development and maintenance of standardized installation documentation in accordance to Oxy policies. Plan and manage projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget and within Oxy IT security and network guidelines.
- Develop and maintain communications and RF pathing and mapping for automation network using current technology such as ArcGIS or Esri.
- Subject matter expert on all FCC regulations.
- Develop and implement standards on communication equipment and systems (including fiber optics and wireless communications).
- Identify deviations and optimize communications network.
- Provide communications training to Automation Technicians and IWC/Well Technicians.
- Detect, analyze and resolve network switching and communication system problems while minimizing impact to customer.
- Install, maintain, identify, and resolve technical issues/failures on radio and infrastructure equipment.
- Establish and manage equipment inventory, provide emergency response support, and conduct preventative maintenance of communication related equipment.
- Manage fiber optics installation and termination on all required projects.
- Responsible for the continual uptime of ERCOT communication system
- Abide by Oxy IT security and network guidelines
- Actively seeking out innovative solutions and new communication technology
- Maintain proper firmware revisions in all communication equipment
- Active participation in Oxy Process Improvement Teams
- Accountable for Automation Project Budget, Project cost tracking and reporting as.
- Assist Network Services Support Group in developing and implementing field training curriculums.
- Work with Engineering and Network Services in the development and maintenance of standardized installation documentation in accordance to Oxy policies.
Professional / Technical Qualifications/Licences/Certifications:
- Corning Fiber Certification
- FCC License is preferred
- CCNA is preferred
Skills & Competencies:
- 10 years of Communication RF Equipment Experience
- 5 years of Oil & Gas industry experience is preferred
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- 2 year technical degree or High School Diploma/GED with equivalent working experience
- Expert knowledge of oil and gas automation communication systems
- Advanced Expert level competency of automation communications equipment.
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines
- Ability to manage large Budget
- Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Expert computer skills (MS Office Suite, Oxy proprietary software, etc)
- Must possess knowledge of radio frequency theory and the effects of systems operating in an oil field environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data communications mediums including fiber optic, radio, satellite, and circuit
- Demonstrated knowledge of varied hardware transmission technologies including rs232, rs485, rs422, USB and Ethernet
- Basic understanding of electronics and circuits. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve power and signal anomalies.
- Knowledge of RTUs. Understanding of digital and analog I/O, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Strong written, oral and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines