|Job Ref:||37936||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||KARNIND||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
Job Description Summary |
• The incumbent will be a part of the Interiors Lighting Systems division at the UTAS-India facility in Bangalore, India.
• Lead design and development of Lighting products per UPI.
• Supports numerous engineering and operations documentation requirements.
• Reduce design/documentation cycle time and optimize.
• Participate effectively in team environments
• Follow internal engineering processes and procedures for all tasks / projects undertaken.
• Lead complete Design activity for Sustaining / In-Production Engineering.
• Provide relevant expertise and guidance to the team members and develop the team's competency to take on higher responsibilities in the near future.
• Interact with the customers on a regular basis in order to understand their needs and drive tasks to closure.
• Ensure that all jobs are done on time and with the required details and quality.
• Ensure proper completion of various departmental initiatives.
• A Bachelors degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering with 7-9 years of experience in engineering design and development activities.
• Sound understanding of engineering principles with knowledge of mechanical design, materials and manufacturing.
• Knowledge on aircraft regulatory and functional requirements is mandatory.
• Prior production and tooling design experience on various aircraft programs is required.
• Good Drawing Reading, Stack Up Analysis and GD&T skills are mandatory.
• Understand the nuances involved in mechanical / aerospace design and come up with innovative solutions to complex problems. Any patents filed / awarded in the past will be a huge plus.
• Thorough understanding of Engineering Change Requests and their execution.
• Prior proven leadership and mentorship skills while leading a team (at least 6-8 engineers) is a must.
• Good analytical and communication skills coupled with a high level of emotional maturity to handle aggressive requests from customers are mandatory.
• Willingness to work in extremely tight schedules, while still not neglecting the value of attention to details and subsequently delivering high quality work.
• Effective written and verbal communication is required, for the purpose of achieving successful job performance,
• An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
• Well versed & Working knowledge on Catia V5 is required and knowledge on PLM tool like TcEng is must
• Proficiency in other CAD software is desirable
Minimum B.E in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 7-9 years of experience.