|Job Ref:||8714||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
Department 425, Electrical Systems Software Engineering, engineers apply software and computer engineering skills to specify, design, develop, integrate, and test, as well as subcontract manage software development for US Navy Nuclear Submarines and non-shipboard platforms. Collaborating with systems and hardware engineers, software is developed and maintained for a great variety of platforms including electrical systems, Propulsion and Electric Plants, as well as Hull, Mechanical & Electrical systems. Knowledge of the software development lifecycle is required for this position. Additional responsibilities include software research and development, preparing presentations, participating in customer design reviews and interfacing closely with hardware and system engineering departments. The individual will work on site at the Electric Boat facilities in Groton and New London, CT.|
Specific responsibilities for this position include the design, development, testing and documentation of software applications for multiple platforms. Applications may be IT computer-aided automation tools which support the business or test platform development including the design and development of simulation/stimulation environments.
What You'll Do:
• Define requirements, design and develop test platforms for the qualification of shipboard application software.
• Define requirements and design, develop, and test software applications for multiple platforms.
• Define requirements, design and develop simulation/stimulation software, including electric and steam plant modeling, for the test environment.
• Develop web applications and computer-aided automation tools for the business.
• Enhance existing software to fix defects, support new or changing hardware, or improve features and performance.
• Effectively communicate with design teams including, engineers, programmers, and project managers to define project requirements and manage timelines.
• Other duties as needed.