Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client's unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner's representation to our clients around the globe.
Opportunity to join AECOM's Construction Services Team in Benelux, based in The Hague. The role is to support the growth of the Business Line Construction Services in Benelux by leading business development activities and project delivery in the following sectors: Industrial manufacturing / Hospitality / O&G / Public infrastructure / Commercial / residential developments / high rise .
- Business development
- Be accountable for achieving BD and financial KPI's
- Generate new business through marketing initiatives and develop long-term business relationships;
- Represent AECOM with potential clients, government agencies, potential and current partners and competitors
- Generally advise on any trends and developments in the Benelux construction market
- Work closely with the CS and regional leadership team to develop and implement strategies to grow the business;
- Update regularly the Pipeline Report with current opportunities
- Prepare draft proposals
- Participate in bid preparation / Lead as required
- Increase awareness of CS Benelux within AECOM and actively network with other AECOM professionals across all business lines.
- Ensure BD coordinated approach with other AECOM BLs, Market sectors, Client accounts
- Participate in bid pricing and subsequent ECAC reviews
- Participate in contract negotiations
- Support other AECOM BU in Benelux or outside Benelux as required
- Development of Staff:
- Actively engage in development of team;
- Participate in recruiting, mentoring and on-boarding of new team members
- Lead on diversity and inclusion
- Project delivery
- Lead projects delivery including setting up teams and implementing AECOM projects standards and procedures
- Ensuring that the project is planned and structured for success;
- Act as seller-doer; full ultimate responsibility for the project on site / delivery
- Set up project strategy including procurement routes, programme, construction logistics, design approach
- Maintain client relationships
- Direct project team and manage resource planning process to deliver to client expectations while meeting and/or exceeding profitability targets;
- Monitor financial performance of these projects in line with AECOM financial reporting, project reviews and other mandatory requirements.
- Administer AECOM contracts and ensure compliance with company procedures
- Monitor project team performance and take corrective action as required
- Be accountable for the successful delivery of the projects from a SHE perspective
- Report regularly to Regional director on any material issues involving the projects or our contracts
- Act as direct Line Manager towards project staff on projects under his responsibility
- Liaise and seek assistance of different AECOM dpts / support functions as required
- Support other AECOM Business Lines in Benelux or outside Benelux as required
- 10 years in project/construction management role with Main contractor or Engineering firms - International experience is an asset,
- Experience with leading Design build / EPC / EPCM contracts is an asset
- Master's degree in Engineering / Architecture in a Dutch technical University, management degree a plus
- Native Dutch speaker and fluency in English is required
- Competencies and Skills:
- Energy, enthusiasm and determination;
- Commercially aware and experienced;
- Lead by example and through others;
- Decisive; holds people accountable to project delivery;
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing is necessary;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience with end to end delivery of large construction projects in leading role;
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team;
- Ability to build and sustain client relationships and adapt to ever changing client demands;
- Ability to see the opportunities for improved performance and act upon them;
- Ability to strike a good balance shifting between big picture planning and detailed level execution tracking;
- Uncompromising standards on Safety. and quality;
- Flexibility to travel as needed;
- German and/or French language skills are a plus.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.