About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
The Senior Electrical Inspector will inspect airfield, roadway, earthwork, utilities, and infrastructure portions of the project to confirm compliance with the contract documents. The Senior Electrical Inspector will record the work and materials used providing calculations of actual quantities for the Contractor's periodic Applications for Payment as well as the Final Quantity calculations. The Senior Electrical Inspector will determine the inspection and testing requirements for the task and be prepared to perform tests and inspection on a timely basis.
• Evaluate work being constructed conforms to the Contract
• Notify the Senior Project Manager immediately upon identifying an items not meeting the Contract requirements
• Maintain a daily job diary which includes all items outlined in the Prime Agreement including sufficient photographic documentation to document the progress and quality of the Work
• Inspect all materials being permanently incorporated into the project either confirming that all testing required by the Contractor is performed or performing the testing when required
• Be familiar will all permit requirements and monitor the Contractor's activities to confirm that the permit requirements are satisfactorily met
• Hold and maintain all certifications and licenses required to for the task
• Coordinate and manage the work of more Junior inspectors
Education / Experience Required:
Local candidates are preferred. The a bility to work in the United States immediately is required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of ten (10) years of construction and inspection experience (roadway and aviation experience is preferred)
• Experience with specific elements of administration of construction projects included submittal routing, RFI responses, plan revisions, pay applications, job coordination meetings, and disputes review board meetings.
• Organizational and time management skills
• Effective listening and communicaton skills
• Proficiency in the use of Windows-based computers as well as mobile tablet and smart phone systems. Should be able to create, store, edit and submit word processing documents, spreadsheets, and digital photos. Must be familiar with cloud storage web based systems and be ready to collaborate digitally with a team separated into several locations.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, demonstrate initiative, multitask, adapt quickly to new tasks, and understand and set priorities
• Professional demeanor, sensitivity and discretion
• Ability to ensure that all work is of a high level.
N O AGENCIES PLEASE
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation