Tyco Life Safety (Scott Safety) is a Tyco Business, a worldwide leader in fire protection and electronic security solutions. We are seeking an Event Manager for tradeshows among other events to be a part of a collaborative marketing team. This position works closely with the Sales, Marketing and Product groups to provide support for corporate tradeshows and sponsorship programs (50 events annually) to ensure successful execution. This includes assisting with logistical planning of large multi-segment tradeshows as well as supporting smaller sponsorships and meetings.
- Coordinate trade shows including planning, prepping and follow through in relation to all tradeshow activities.
- Support sales organization with presentations, collateral and other marketing materials to maximize sales acquisition effectiveness and conversation rate of qualified leads to become customers
- Generate qualified sales leads via all channels that convert into new customer acquisitions including trade shows, email, social media, website, and direct mail
- Coordination of all trade show and event needs
- Work with Marketing management to develop event-related collateral, including but not limited to: pre-event marketing collateral, sales materials, client/customer facing messaging.
- Show Data and list management related but not limited to: invite list, guest list, travel logistics, room blocks.
- Coordinate packing and logistics for all tradeshow materials (booth, collateral, etc.)
- Post event analysis including surveys, recaps, and recommendations for improvement.
- Market research on innovative solutions and activations; fluency in industry trends including conducting research on new partnerships & sponsorship opportunities.
- Oversee ordering, inventory, and distribution of gifts, swag, and branded inventory.
- Research and schedule site visits.
- Track invoices and reconcile event-related budgets
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Competencies & Skills
- Experience with event planning and execution
- Must possess an acute attention to detail, creativity and professionalism
- Must be very comfortable with PCs and Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new programs quickly Experience with web based e-marketing systems
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- A sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to function under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to details is a must
- Works well in a team environment with a diverse group of people
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, advertising or related competency
- Experience with NA a plus
US Job Description Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Although no job description can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities.