- Work with Scrum team and determine test coverage and drive testing activities.
- Works with QA Engineers to ensure full end-end suite of test cases exist across integrated product areas. Provide leadership and mentoring to other engineers.
- Champion and drive QA automation across multiple product lines.
- Key player to transition software QA organization from manual to automated testing.
- Drive test automation framework selection by analyzing requirements, evaluating products and working with stakeholders. Apply lean strategies to develop POC, fail fast and improvise.
- Lead test automation instrumentation efforts including hiring automation engineers, prioritizing automation work and building re-usable, maintainable code.
- Architect and facilitate deployment of test automation infrastructure (virtual and/or hardware)
- Create and maintain useful technical documentation (architecture, functional spec, automation standards)
- Develops simulation test environments. Evaluates and makes recommendations for existing tools and technologies
- This position includes creation of new test modules using Microsoft QA tools such as TFS, Coded UI, Load Test, Lab Management configuration, Reporting/Business Intelligence & Test Manager. Knowledge on QTP would be an added advantage.
- Automation of existing test plans, support of existing tools, and creation of new tools as needed. Develops and articulate automation plans for complex systems. Presents or makes recommendations on technical automation issues.
- Maintains solid relationships with key internal and external stakeholder. Communicates complex automation information to a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Uses advanced skills to identify and develop new initiatives. Originates new concepts that may impact or span entire department; recognized as technical leader.
- The candidate should be very enthusiastic, self-motivated and a fast learner.
- 12 year’s relevant professional experience in software development/automation engineering.
- BE in E&C & CSE or MCA is preferred.
- Experience building and modifying automation frameworks & coding/scripting.
- Hands-on knowledge software development experience (C#/.Net, Powershell, Java is a plus, XML, SQL Server)
- Experience with GUI-based automation, Libraries/API automation, Framework test automation, Mobile devices/apps using data driven and object-based testing methodologies
- Familiarity with automation of desktop & web based application interfacing with hardware.
- Proficient in load, performance, and functionality testing of new products/product features as well as regression testing of existing C#, .NET driven products (MS Visual Studio Team System experience preferred)
- Strong detail-orientation with demonstrated analysis and follow-through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Former developer / software engineer with automation.
- Industry recognized certifications like ISTQB, ICP-ATA, iSQi desirable.
- Strong coding skills using C#.
- Hands on in one or more of the similar tools/frameworks - SOAPUI, Selenium, Appium, CodedUI, and Robotium.
- Exposure to CI tools such as – Jenkin/NA or similar.
- Working skill on virtualization (SCVMM or VMWare).