|Job Ref:||134473BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:|| |
Cardiff, Cardiff, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||CF10||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:07|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with proven post degree qualification experience in electrical engineering, to work within the AECOM Building Services Team, in Building Engineering located in our Cardiff office.
About the role:
A Senior Electrical Engineer will be involved in drawings and commissioning designs. The successful candidate will be working towards Chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with an electrical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic, self motivated, and looking to advance their career.
About the office:
The Cardiff office is a large multidisciplinary office set within the City Centre on Callaghan Square. With its central location, it is only 10 minutes from the national rail station, and 10 minute walk away from the central shopping areas. Along with its thriving sports and social club it is a friendly, busy and motivated office, whose Buildings team get involved in local and national projects. In terms of Building Engineering, it is a UK centre of excellence for education, healthcare and sustainability.
- Receive brief from Senior Management, be able to contribute to the fee proposal and determine resources.
- Assess staff requirements at each work stage, agreeing these with the Project Manager and be able to manage single disciplinary and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Attend progress, design team and co-ordinate meetings.
- Prepare outline scheme report / technical content of the design information.
- Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors, respond to tender queries, comment and review tender returns.
- Attend tender / client interviews. Attend site inspection meetings.
- Ensure the project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Programme.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA stages.
- Be competent with electrical engineering calculations (Amtech, Dialux, Hevacomp).
- Understand and implement AECOM's Safety Health and Environment Policy.
- Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
- Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design
- Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients
- An Electrical Engineer or Building Services Engineer.
- Relevant experience in Electrical Engineering design, including areas such as specification writing, calculations, Low voltage distribution.
- A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs covering for example, Education, Healthcare and - Commercial projects.
- Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional chartered status.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.