|Job Ref:||94125658||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Fairfax||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 05:14|
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today's dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering using an open systems approach, General Dynamics Mission Systems solves our customers' most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.|
At GDMS, our employees work in collaborative teams with leading edge technology and the best in the industry to solve tough customer problems while keeping our nation safe. Individuals are empowered to do their best work in an environment that encourages and supports innovative, collaborative and creative thinking. The General Dynamics ethos of honesty, transparency and trust is apparent in the way we work with our colleagues and our customers.
We look forward to you joining our high performance team at GD Mission Systems!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer-EW/Radar Systems Architect to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to create and manage various General Dynamics Mission Systems and client technologies. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Senior Principal Systems Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Chief Engineer-EW/Radar Systems Architect's analyze, design, develop and test General Dynamics Mission Systems systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort. The main role for this position is to perform as technical lead on surface Navy Radar Programs. Additional Responsibilities include formulating operational concepts; performing mission, functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis; selecting systems architecture; and preparing specifications for General Dynamics Mission Systems operating systems to ensure designs meet applicable security specifications. These individuals may also be asked to document security on both new and fielded information systems or provide accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features are considered and functioning properly.
The A Chief Engineer-EW/Radar Systems Architect requires:
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree (MS or PhD preferred)
• A minimum of 15-20 years experience in system design, integration, test, verification, and validation
• A minimum of 10+ years experience in SIGINT applications
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems engineering, or related engineering field
• Demonstrated history of leading large, distributed, and multi-disciplinary engineering teams
• Experience as an IPT lead on large programs (>= ACAT III Program of Record preferred)
• Experience as a technical lead on proposals containing significant engineering development
• Experience in full engineering lifecycle to include: concept development, customer engagement and shaping, solution and proposal creation, design, integration, test, verification, validation, logistics, training, sustainment and obsolescence handling.
• Experience designing, specifying requirements, inspecting, verifying, and debugging RF systems to include the following elements: antennas, RF distribution systems, RF filtering technologies (such as different types of band-pass, low-pass, and high pass filters), LNAs, IP2/3, phase noise, ADCs, DACs, high-power amplifiers, phase-matched systems, RF link budgets
• Working knowledge of FPGA technologies, real time embedded systems, and java enterprise development environments
• Experience working with version control systems and issue tracking systems
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Masters with min 15 years or Bachelors with min 18 years.